Friday, March 9, 2012

Genuine Nunavut photos, really





When Tinah Rose with Nunavut Tourism informed me Wednesday that a photo imported for my previous blog post was NOT from Nunavut (thanks, Wikipedia), she instead offered dozens of other photos from its library to show the Canadian territory. Requested photos were approved by Ms. Rose, and are posted here.

These photos were even more amazing than the ones that Wikipedia tried to sell as Nunavut.

The pictures proved what I already suspected. Nunavut is a place of magic, isolated and alone-- and beautiful. Nunavut holds the top spot on my 'bucket list' of places to visit, but unfortunately, because of the prohibitively high costs of  getting there, my visits will probably be limited to websites and photos.

Browsing through the photos, you'll see knit hats and heavy jackets during a summer ATV ride, polar bears, icebergs the size of five story buildings, colorful villages surrounded by mountains and water, cute kids with wide smiles, muskox, caribou, walrus and sled dogs.

There are a dozen photos of men and women wearing winter coats. Maybe just wanting to buy a winter coat from folks who know what winter is really like is enough of a reason to head north.

Now really, wouldn't you like to visit? Really?

1 comment:

  1. Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete