Monday, November 5, 2012

Miss York County pageant shows talent


CHELSEA SHANK / The York Dispatch
505-5432 / @ydhealth

The five winners chosen at the 64th annual York County Pageant on Saturday will go on to compete in Miss America competitions at the state level.
Laura Traub, 21, of York Township, was crowned Miss York County.
Traub sang "If I Had My Way," by Frank Wildhorne for the talent portion of the event. Her platform as Miss York County 2013 is autism awareness, which was also her platform for that past year that she has been serving as Miss Susquehanna Valley 2012.

To see more photos, check here.

"I baby-sat a little boy who had autism, and my senior year in high school I did a project at a school specifically for children with autism and I really connected with them," said Traub.
She is a neuroscience major at the College of William and Mary.
Laura Traub of Camp Hill was crowned Miss York County.
"I had a great experience last year with the directors, so I knew I wanted to compete with them again," Traub said. "I felt comfortable on the stage, since I had already competed there before." "I knew a lot of the girls, so it was just really fun to spend the day with them and get to know everyone and then just go out there and do your best," said Traub.

She received a $5,000 scholarship for winning Miss York County and will hold the title for one year. During that time she will have the opportunity to promote her platform of autism awareness throughout the state.
Lindsey Reichard was selected as Miss Susquehanna Valley.
Traub and Reichard will go on to compete at the Miss Pennsylvania pageant in Pittsburgh in June, and the winner at that pageant will represent the state in the Miss America competition.
The Miss Pennsylvania Outstanding Teen winners are Becky Zaneski, Brielle Morgan and Alli McClune.







No comments:

Post a Comment